M.F.K. Fisher, a prominent food writer and founder of the Napa Valley Wine Library once stated, “Wine and cheese are ageless companions.” We happen to agree and can find no place better to demonstrate this assertion that the Chester River Wine & Cheese Company right here in Chestertown, Maryland.
“Located in the vibrant Arts & Entertainment District of Chestertown, Maryland, Chester River Wine & Cheese Co. is a specialty food market offering international and domestic wine, cut-to-order cheese, charcuterie and pate, as well as gourmet foods” (ChesterRiverGourmet.com). Let’s take a look at a few reasons to pay a visit to this food market during your next visit to Great Oak Manor:
- You can enjoy an onsite wine and cheese board as well as a group platter if you’re visiting with a number of friends or family members.
- The gourmet foods offered include olive oils and vinegar, homemade jam, mustard, specialty nuts, honey, and more.
- Menu options feature Chester River Wine & Cheese’s very own cheese, salami, pate, and antipasto (plus delicious baguettes from Evergrain Bread Company!).
- They have a wide array of both domestic and international wines
- They also offer a number of wine and cheese tools like fondue sets, cheese knives and spreaders, wine bottle openers, and raclette grills. (Grab one of these items, a bottle of wine, and/or a gift certificate, and you’ve got yourself a great gift for that hard-to-buy-for person in your life!)
These are only a few of many reasons to enjoy a visit to the Chester River Wine & Cheese Company. Really we can describe is as in-depth as possible, but the only way to truly experience it is to visit in person. Click here to book your room at Great Oak Manor. (We’re only a quick drive away from Chester River Wine & Cheese!)