Were you a child who enjoyed dressing as a buccaneer for Halloween? Do you find yourself watching and re-watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? Maybe you even found yourself empathizing more with Captain Hook than with that pesky Peter Pan. If you have any interest whatsoever in the world of piracy, then you won’t want to miss Pirates & Wenches Fantasy Weekend in Rock Hall, Maryland, August 12-14, 2016.
Let’s take a look at a few fun things you can expect to experience at this swashbuckling weekend event:
- Rum Tasting: What’s a pirate without a swig of rum? Enjoy a taste with some grub on Friday evening from 5-8 pm.
- Decorated Dinghy Contest Parade: On Saturday, you’ll have the change to view or participate in a boat-decorating contest with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, along with awards for the “Most Spirited and Scurviest Crew.”
- Caribbean Style Beach Party: You don’t have to sail overseas to party like you’re in the Caribbean! Enjoy live music, “grub and grog,” a Treasure Chest Raffle, contests, and more.
- Buccaneer’s Ball: Get ready for an evening of live entertainment, Captain Black and the Valhallas’ Crew, and a the crowning of a King and Queen!
- 5K Run/Walk: This rain-or-shine race begins at 9:00am on Sunday, August 14, and includes a huge variety of awards (including best dressed pirates). Click here for the sign-up form.
As an added bonus to this already-enjoyable weekend, we’re offering a Fantasy Weekend Special here at Great Oak Manor:
August 12 – 14, 2016
Stay two nights get the 3rd night free!
(Thursday the 11th or Sunday the 14th only.)
Call to book!
We can’t wait to see you for your weekend pirate adventure! Click here to book your room at Great Oak Manor now, or call 410-778-5943 to take advantage of the special listed above.