½ c of coconut oil
¼ c maple syrup
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. thick cut oats (not quick cooking)
¾ c. shredded coconut (I use unsweetened, but can use sweetened)
¾ c. sliced almonds
½ c. chopped walnuts
½ c. pumpkin seeds
½ c dried cranberries
½ c. golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment
- Combine the oil and honey in a 2 cup glass mixing cup and microwave for 90 seconds. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and set aside. CAUTION: the mixture will boil briefly with the addition of the vanilla and cinnamon. Be careful.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the oil & honey mixture and mix with a spatula until very well coated.
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet and bake 12 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 12 minutes or until just lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to a week. It also freezes well and will keep for a couple of months.