One of the best parts about staying at a bed & breakfast is the food. Here at Great Oak Manor, you’ll have the chance to indulge in everything from vegetarian breakfast Stromboli to fresh fruit and quiche. And speaking of quiche, we have a mouthwatering recipe for you to enjoy as a small taste of what you can expect to experience on your next visit to Chestertown, Maryland. Enjoy this recipe for Great Oak Manor Crab Quiche, and if you decide to try it out, we’d love for you to share a photo of it on our Facebook page!
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- One 9-inch pie shell, par-baked and pricked with a fork
- 1.25 pound fresh white crabmeat, drained (checked for shell)
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground mace
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the crab meat and sprinkle with the scallions. Whisk together the heavy cream, lemon zest, mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper, mace and eggs in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake until the custard sets, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Eat and enjoy!
Originally posted on Select Registry.